Friday, October 23, 2009

Thursday ~ Baking day




Yep, I baked on this Thursday. Cookies. I don't like to bake. At least that's what I've always said, thought, felt. I enjoyed making cookies.....two whole batches. One Chocolate Chip and one Oatmeal Scotchies. Yummm. The chocolate chip were too cakey and thick.....Dewayne likes them thinner and crisper and they were made just for him. He took them to share with the guys at work. The oatmeal scotchies were just the right thinness and crispiness. I shared with some friends. My sweet baby spent time crawling around the floor, sitting in his eating chair snacking on Cheerios and Puffs, and bouncing in his Jumperoo.........near the end of my cookie baking saga he was getting a little whiny, but I just talked to him a bit and after a while he got very quiet. He had fallen asleep in his Jumperoo. Aaahhhh. A quiet house, delicious smells wafting through the house and waiting for my honey to come home so I could surprise him with freshly baked cookies. And it was a big surprise, because his wife NEVER bakes!! :o) Well, I can't say never anymore.....I did bakes COOKIES!!

2 comments:

  1. Lol!!! Too cute;) Good job on the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a cookie baker either. But my mother-in-law bought me a cookie scoop, and I will admit that I have made more since I got it. (maybe a batch every couple months now!) They just get eaten so fast, and are too fiddly.

    ReplyDelete