Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Life in Alaska is just peachy!

The twins - Geneva & Mason (3 1/2 years old)
So, Hi there, Friends.  I know.....I haven't written here in ages. We moved the beginning of December and got the "old house" ready to sell and it should be closing here in a few days.

I took current pics of the kids to include on our "Here's Our New Address" card. These are the outtakes, mostly, with the one that I did end up using at the bottom.

Taking pictures of these kids is quite a challenge and these were taken with a "backup" buddy because Dewayne was home. Usually I do it by myself and end up wanting to strangle something or somebody but I won't name any names.

And even with Dewayne's help getting there attention there are always other things to look at & arms waving around!



Brighton - my kindergartner (6 years old)

 So, yes, we are all still alive. I'm a little bruised and battered from the last 6-7 years but that's a whole 'nother blog post. The kids are growing, learning and are a blast to have around.

They love the new house and so do I. It's much easier to have friends over to play and have bigger groups of people over, too! Looking forward to entertaining more in the years to come. Backyard bonfires, picnics, play dates, you name it, it's gonna happen here!!

Got a candid shot because the 'posed' shots weren't happening!

"How big are my babies?"
Dewayne's been in the Auto Body Repair field for over 15 years now. I'm enjoying being home with the kids for now. Who know what will happen with me when the twins start kindergarten in 2+ years. I'm looking forward to having a little more time to knit, crochet, craft and garden.

Oh, yeah.....gardening. Wow, I have starts for a few veggies growing in my house already and I'll be gardening in pots this year and hope to have a couple, four, five raised beds to plant in next year. I figured I should start small my first year growing things. I know, I grew up on a farm and we had a garden every year till I was in my teens. I just never thought I'd really enjoy growing stuff or getting my hands dirty. But here I am.....a completely, utterly and irrevocably reformed non-gardener.

I'm thinking of yummy fresh veggies from our garden. Kale, lettuce, zucchini, squash....just to name a few. Also, cherry tomatoes and snap peas for the kids to graze from.

Bye for now. Thanks for visiting!

The Prizewinning Pose - L to R Mason, Kohl (the Dog), Brighton & Geneva

1 comment:

  1. It will be nice to read about family life in Alaska👍💗

    ReplyDelete