Friday, February 27, 2009

Grandma's Quilt


This is the quilt that Grandma made for Baby Kern. I told her that I really like red for either a boy or a girl and this is what she put together. I love it. I think it is absolutely beautiful and I hope that our little baby will treasure it and want to keep it as an "heirloom" even after he or she is grown up. :-) Now, Grandma is Dewayne's mom Ruth. This is her first biological grandchild that I am carrying. She had been spoiling me rotten and when baby gets here (and even now) he or she is going to be spoiled by Grandma. Ruth loves all her "grandkids" that have come before and all that will be coming. But this one is special because it's her "baby" boy's baby!! I am so thankful for a mom-in-law that loves me as a daughter and I love her so much. It helps to have a wonderful mom-in-law who will be a wonderful Grandma for my baby because my Mama isn't here to be Mummo to my baby. And she lives close by, only 25 minutes away. Baby will get lots of loving attention from Grandma and her husband, Grandpa Roy! Thanks, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment