Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Late nights and no sleep...................


...........make for one drowsy Mama. :o) But I sure am one HAPPY MAMA!! I love this little, ahem, er...maybe not so little, bundle. I understand now fully why we call them "bundles of joy"! My bundle of joy wakes up fussing........just a few minutes ago....It has been a whole hour and 43 minutes since his last feeding. He is starving. he says with his complaining grunts, whines and fusses. Suddenly, there is a loud blast as he fills his diaper. I laugh a little as I drag myself out of bed...thinking that needs to be changed before I feed him. As I lay him down on the bed to change him, he has his eyes closed, still fussing, (he looks so cute with his double chin and pudgy cheeks, nice and well fed) and he's thinking he's close to eating again. But no, mama is changing his diaper, yikes and..........waaaaahhhh. Once he's clean, we sit down in the chair so he can nurse. Which he does for about 10 minutes and then he's off to sleep again....should I wake him up and try to feed him some more or let him sleep? If I let him sleep, then he'll be awake for sure in the next hour to hour and a half........if I wake him up and feed him more now, maybe he'll sleep for the next three hours....what a quandary!! He does need to burp so maybe that will wake him up enough that he'll want to eat a little more. But either tway, the love that fills my heart at this moment is like none other that I have experienced. It really makes it all worthwhile and makes my heart glow!!

1 comment:

  1. I think Brighton kind of grabbed the camera to take a pic of himself :) what a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete