Saturday, April 11, 2009

My son is getting bigger...........


He likes to scowl and look worried.....he already has creases on his forehead from it!!


I think he looks so much like his oldest cousin Bruce when he was a baby!!



I know it's fuzzy but look at that expression!!

I can't believe how fast my little Brighton is growing. He will be three weeks old on Monday and it still feels like it was just yesterday when he was born. I didn't know I could love anyone the way I love him. I love my husband so much and I love my family and friends but the love I have for my son, my child, the fruit of my womb is truly a new kind of love for me!! God has blessed my life in ways I never imagined.....well, maybe I did imagine it, but could never have fathomed it, till now. :o) I love to sit and watch him......holding him propped up on my legs in front of me. The expressions on his face are priceless.....his eyes trying to focus on me, on the things around the house, listening to my voice as I talk to him, listening to Kohl barking (bad girl) and him smiling just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I know his smiles are involuntary right now but it makes me look forward to when he can smile at me and laugh and coo when I talk to him. He actually "talked" once already. It was just one coo but it was so sweet.

2 comments:

  1. He is beautiful, Karen! What a sweet, sweet baby. And you are a wonderful mommy already!
    kep

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends commented, "I never knew how much God loved me, until I've had a glimpse of it with loving my own child." How true. God loves us so much more than that even. It's pretty hard to fathom, but so wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete