Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hallelujah!!!

Praise be to God!!! My baby slept through the night.

He was so grumpy and crabby all afternoon yesterday. He was so tired and would fall asleep but wake right back up, so needless to say, by around 7pm he was exhausted. Dewayne was packing him around while I finished supper and just as it was done his eyes started to close. I took him and tried to nurse him, because he hadn't eaten in a while, but he just wanted to fall asleep. Well, I figured if he was going to go to sleep, he needed to be in his night-time ensemble.....long sleeve onesie and his sleep sack w/ a clean diaper........so, I changed him and dressed him for bed. Then he was just awake enough to realize he really was hungry, so I nursed him and before too long, he fell asleep nursing. I went to put him into his crib and he started crying and I wanted to take him out again but decided maybe he should try to fall asleep. After he cried for what seemed like an eternity but was only a couple of minutes, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I went and gave him his pacifier and flipped him over on his belly (I know....a cardinal sin!! - but almost every time I put him down in the crib on his back when he is asleep he wakes up and fusses AND he sleeps so much better and more comfortably on his belly. I do always try to get him to sleep on his back first!) and he quieted right down and fell asleep within a couple of minutes....and this was all before 8 pm. I woke up at 3 am and he was still sleeping quite soundly and then again at 5. I pumped, (I want to build up a supply in the freezer for emergencies AND date nights!!) and crawled back in bed for a few minutes. At 5:30am, my beloved son was ready to get up and eat. Wow....what an incredible night!

No comments:

Post a Comment