Sunday, March 1, 2009

My parents........

I thought I'd take a little journey back in time and write a little blog on my parents. Mama passed away on August 17, 2007 and Papa passed away on September 3, 2008. Just a year and seventeen days apart. After being married for 54 years, I can only imagine how much Papa missed her. Whenever I talked to him and it was a month, or six months, or seven months after Mama died, he would say, "It has been a month, six months or seven months today that Mama went home." He knew every day exactly how long Mama had been gone. He felt her absence keenly and longed to be in Heaven with her and Jesus. His prayers were answered and he is now "Home in Heaven" with Mama and Jesus! As much as I miss them both, that was their reason for living, the end of their Journey of following in the footsteps of Jesus and striving to live in His Undying Word.



Their wedding day - February 1, 1953



The day I moved to AK - May 27, 2003

I love both of these pictures and I will treasure them always. The memories I have of my Papa and Mama are priceless and the example of the life they lived will always be with me. May God's Peace always live in our lives the way His Peace was so much a part of theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment