Sunday, March 15, 2009

A trip to the hospital.......

Yeah, I know....it sounds promising but it sure wasn't. My BP starting going up yesterday, even with me laying down and I got a headache. So, I called the OB Triage line at Providence around 6 pm and told them what was going on. They said I should come in. I didn't like that very much so I called my doctor to see if he thought I should go in, too. Well, I got another Dr. who was taking his calls this weekend and he said I should go in. So, in we decided to go. But we had to take the labor bag, the coming home bag and the infant car seat, along with a couple of pillows and blankets for me, just in case we ended up staying in the hospital. We finally left the house around 9 pm and drove in. Now, all this time I was also having contractions, nothing really regular but I could kind tell that I had a few here and there. When we got to the hospital, they hooked me up to the FHR monitor (fetal heart rate), a monitor to check my contractions and a BP cuff. Watching the contractions on the monitor was fun. Sometimes I couldn't even tell that I was having them, but they would show up on the monitor and actually make quite a peak. They took blood and made me give a urine sample to test for protein and dehydration (which were all negative, yippee!). Then after about 1 hour and 45 minutes of monitoring they sent me home. To lay down, behave myself and keep an eye on my BP and contractions and do "kick counts". Fun, fun!! And here I was hoping for a baby. But we came home empty-handed and tired and crawled into bed around 1 am. :-) But now the car is all packed with the essential things we need to head into the hospital, so we are one step closer to being ready to head to the hospital in LABOR!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! That DID sound promising! You tricked me! I think it is neat to watch the contractions on the moniter too! But watching the baby's heart rate always gets me nervous! That way it flucuates(sp?). Looks like maybe you will have your baby on the 17th like you wanted to!(wasn't that the date you said?) I hope to hear good news soon! Time seems to stretch out forever when you are waiting like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I must have missed how close things were! I'll pray that you have a safe delivery and that both you and the baby are healthy and home before you know it!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i hope that you have a safe and easy delivery and both are healthy....good thing they sent you in the hospital to check out if everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete