Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some of My Shower Gifts........

My friends Marissa and Amberly had a baby shower for me on Friday, February 13, 2009. Along with help from my mother-in-law, Ruth. It was fun and we played some really fun games. I was a little embarassed to be the center of attention, but I did enjoy it. I wish that I didn't have to be on bedrest, it would have even been more fun, but I was a little tied to the couch, reclining, and had wonderful people waiting on me. Thanks, girls and Mom!!

This blanket was made by Diana (Warnke) Olson....I love the penguins and the silky edge.

This blue one has bumble bees and cars on it......my friend Carol, who was a co-worker from my first job up here in Alaska, made it. She is thinking we are having a boy!! :-)
Brandy Olson made this cream and brown one. I love the silky edge (what is it about silky edges?), the little monkey faces are just adorable and the colors will work wonderful for a boy or a girl. I want to get a sock monkey to go with it!!


Brandy also made the nursing cover-up, which will come in very handy for when I am back at work and need to nurse the baby at my desk!! :-)
My friend Trish made these wonderful and very perfect for boy or girl, shoulder/burp cloths.
As you can see, I decided to post pictures of just some of my other shower gifts. All of the gifts we got were special and I loved them all. I just love baby things and when those baby things are for my BABY, it's makes them all the more lovable!! These gifts are special because they were MADE for my baby. The fourth blanket, a crocheted one, I was given at my shower and had to give it back so she could make it bigger. :-) It is beautiful, red and cream. I can't wait to get it back finished. I will post a pic of it when I get it back from Marissa.
I am amazed with all the talented friends that I have!! It almost makes me wish I was the sewing, quilting, crocheting and creative kind of girl. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment