Saturday, March 7, 2009

Two Weeks Left.......maybe!!

Well, I am now at the 38 weeks of gestation mark. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday, we were telling everyone that we were expecting in March and here we are.....counting down the last few days. Of course, the first three months just dragged by. Then the next five and a half months just flew by. Now that I am on complete bedrest the days are going slower again but still 14 days till that magical date that is sitting on the calendar waiting. The baby may decide he or she would like to come earlier.......or that staying in my tummy longer might be a better option......but still it's nearing the time when we get to meet our little blessing and give this baby his or her name. I folded all the Newborn and 0-3 month onesies, sleep & plays, socks, mittens, towels and washcloths, receiving blankets, hats and the fleece blanket, that were washed in preparation. Now they are ready to go into the baby's little "dresser", which will most likely be one of those plastic tote drawer things. It just needs to be brought in from the garage and wiped down. Do you think I'm ready? I don't know. I am starting to feel more prepared for the impending arrival of our little "monster"!! Kohl* doesn't know what to think about all the little baby stuff that has been hanging around the house lately. She thinks it may be toys for her to play with but she gets in trouble when she does try to get into it. Poor little poodle......I am sure it's confusing her. She is such a sweet dog and I hope she will adjust well to having the new baby in the house......she has been our "baby" for a year now, so it will definitely be an adjustment for her.

*I will try to post a blog on the arrival of Kohl into our life with pictures, etc., at a later date. I don't have any of my Kohl pictures on my laptop yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment